Student Exchange Program (Outgoing)
Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology has active partnerships with around 30 Art and Design colleges across the globe, which results in a strong faculty and student exchange program. SMI is also a member of two international organizations -Cumulus, an international association of Art and Design schools and the World Design Organisation.
Exchange Program for Students
The SMI Student Exchange program is open for the Four Year-Undergraduate Students during their 5th semester (Odd semester of the third year).
Postgraduate Students can apply for exchange only during their 3rd semester (Odd semester of the second year) provided they have clearance from the Academic Dean. There are limited options available for PG students.
Exchange opportunities are announced every year usually in December to UG Year 2 and PG Year 1 students. At the same time an Info Session is also organised to explain the process and to respond to students’ questions.
CGPA – 8.0 or above
Attendance – 80%
Clearance from the Academic Dean & Dean of Students
- Students eligible for the exchange program should send an expression of interest via Blackboard with an indication of 3 college options (from the shared list).
- Once a candidate is cleared and the eligibility is verified, their access to the Blackboard submission portal will be enabled.
- Cleared candidates must submit their portfolio (at least 10 works) and a Letter of Intent via Blackboard for review.
- All portfolios and Letters of Intent will be reviewed and evaluated by an independent review panel. Following the recommendation of the panels and considering candidates’ CGPA, the final nominations will be announced.
- On being nominated, candidates will have one week to accept or reject it.
- Candidates, accepting the nomination, will be introduced to the international coordinator of the host school or university via email and will have to submit all required documents to proceed with the application process.
Submission Deadlines will be announced.
Please, note that nomination does not mean acceptance because all colleges reserve the right of admission. Applicants will receive an official letter of acceptance or rejection within the period defined by the host institution. Once the acceptance letter is received, students can proceed with the visa application and travel arrange
Exchange Students (Incoming)
Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology ( SMI) admits 10 to 15 International students each year from partner schools and universities. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible for this program, which usually lasts for 4 to 5 months ( one semester) and can be extended up to one academic year.
International students are welcome to choose from a variety of courses, which better suit their area of study. At the end of the semester, an official transcript of academic records will be issued with an indication of the number of credits, which can be transferred.
An official nomination must be sent to the Srishti Manipal International Office from the International Office of the partner institution, indicating candidate's choice along with the Application form, Portfolio (at least 10 works) and a Statement of Purpose.
List of documents to submit:
- Exchange Application Form
- Portfolio (10 works)
- Statement of Purpose
- Passport copy (info page)
- Passport-size photo
Note: Exchange students need not appear for the entrance test (SMEAT).
All exchange applicants undergo a selection process. If accepted, the candidate will receive an official letter of invitation, only after this the exchange candidates should start the visa application process. All exchange students must apply for a Student Visa.
Application Form for Incoming Students
Application Form for Student Exchange Program 2023-24
Kindly send the completed application form and other required documents to the Srishti Manipal International Office: email@example.com
Application materials should be sent to the Srishti Manipal International Office as mentioned in the application form by the following dates:
Semester 1: 15th April 2023
Semester 2: 15th October 2023
Key Data about the Institution, 2023-24
Full legal name of the Institution
Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology
MAHE Bengaluru Campus.
|Website for incoming exchange students
International Office coordinator
Mrs. Leena Anthony
Mrs. Seema Vinod